Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Art Club?


No, I'm not dead. This week has been an interesting one to say the least. Even my Thursday Art Club had to be moved to Friday to accommodate the kids' wonky school schedule.

Today we started with simple, expressionless shapes of animals...

And added features...

...then details...

then color.

...and, uh...flying cows.

Today's Art Club was different, because instead of a group of kids from various grades choosing to do it with me, it was a required third grade only activity. I was afraid that I would meet with some resistance, but the kids were diggin' it much more than I thought they would. They surprised me with both tight and wide environments, detailed textures, and harmonious colors.

But all in all, I accomplished my goal...getting them to try new things, roll with their mistakes, and make something to be proud of. Even one boy that is convinced that I loathe him (I don't, but he is undoubtedly a royal pain in my neck) beamed with pride when I told him how impressed I was with what he had made.




Friday draws to a close, and it's time to get into weekend mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment