Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday Art Club: Happy Valentines Day!


Love and creativity are in the air in Thursday Art Club! Valentine's Day has never been my favorite holiday, but it's fun to celebrate with kids...you know, when it's all about the candy.

I had a pretty flimsy project planned, but I decided instead to improvise. I got some pink, red, and white paper, some scissors and glue, and some coloring stuff. Then I pointed everything out, and gave them free reign. This was a bit of a gamble, because without enough structure to our art time, they can get restless and bored. The result?


I couldn't get 'em to leave. There's something to be said for the occasional gamble, and this one paid off. They surprised me with their ideas, their innovation, and their heart. It was great to sit back and watch them explore their own styles. Some did LOTS of cutting and gluing, while others favored decorating with markers, and still others wanted my help "drawing a heart that looks 3D".


Aw. Happy V-Day, folks! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment