Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weekend Sketches and a New Toy

It was a short weekend, and I've been sick for most of it. Thank goodness I don't have cable or I might have been tempted to watch the Superb Owl. So what else do you do when you're under the weather and stuck on the couch for two days straight?

1. Pout.
2. Watch Netflix.
3. Draw.


Lately I've been watching almost nothing but old Pam Grier movies on Netflix. I love the 70's music, the clothes, the big hair, the big attitude. Not to mention Pam's rockin' body. Definitely an inspiration to sketch an endlessly fascinating subject: the female form.


While I'm at it, I can test out my nifty new gift, a used Canon EOS 40D. (Thanks, Dad!) The lighting kind of sucks tonight, but I'll get used to using it in low light.

No comments:

Post a Comment