Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday Art Club: Super Stories!



For art club today, I borrowed the "Mad Libs" method of story writing from the LUX event we were invited to last week. But because my kids are a bit younger, and seem to be partial to fashion design, I altered the project considerably to please the crowd.


The subject cards really only had two subjects: a crisis and a sidekick. The orange crisis card would determine the plot of their comic page, while the green sidekick card would determine the hero's trusty helper. Once that was established, on to creating the hero! Or, in our case, heroine.


As expected, my 99% female club chose 99% female super-beings. From a simple diagram of a generic hero figure, they came up with their own super powers and costumes. (And let's not forget the faithful sidekicks.)


Not many of the kids made it to the story part, because they were having too much fun designing multiple costumes for their ever-growing hero teams. Not exactly the result I planned on, but hell, they were having a blast and being creative. Who am I to nitpick?


All in all, this project was very much a winner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment