Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Comic Artists hosted by the Lux Art Institute!

Yesterday, I drove down to the Cardiff area to join LUX Art Institute's T{w}eensday Art Event. It was a great opportunity to inspire and enlighten young artists who love to read and draw comics.



What a fun setting for artists to get together and share their knowledge with kids that are hungry to learn! We ran into a few friends, including the fantastic and always-smiling Jorge Pacheco...


...and the recent young talent Jack Habegger: a real inspiration to these kids!


Johnny B. Gerardy and I had a great time at our table, too, showing the contrasts between his old-school inking and my digital painting.


There were some awesome activities for the kids, like drawing portraits, an art wall, and a storyboard contest using Mad-Lib style subject cards. (An activity I might need to snag for my Art Club kids!)


The other artists and I were the judges, deciding on the most original and the most hilarious storyboard.


All in all, LUX put on a great event, even after being moved to a less desirable venue than they had originally planned. Coulda fooled me! Perfect weather, great kids, and an atmosphere of learning and creativity. I hope Johnny and I get to do more events with them!




No comments:

Post a Comment