Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday Art Club: You Can't Go Wrong with Kittens.

I had some heavy competitors today. The kids got to choose between ball games, a movie, Legos, iPads, and Art. Yet somehow I still got a crowd of fifteen! How did I compete? 

I just told them we were painting a kitten. They just couldn't resist.



It was a pretty simple session today...follow along with my whiteboard drawing in pencil, trace with Sharpie, and paint with watercolors. Easy peasy.

 My step-by-step for them to follow. (I know, a masterpiece.)


I love these draw-trace-paint projects because they give me time to walk around and take photos. I felt like a dolt for forgetting my good camera, so these smartphone shots will have to do.


They were refreshingly self-sufficient. Even the little first graders were confident in adding their own details, where usually they are the ones that look to me to do "the hard parts" for them. Not today!



A staff member's contribution: the zombie kitten.

Once I was satisfied that I had taken enough photos, I sat down and engaged in a little sketch therapy. 

I also made the mistake of asking ONE girl to put ONE braid in my hair.

Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment