Friday, April 4, 2014

Thursday Art Club: Adventures in Storyboards

Yesterday's art club was all about my favorite subject: sequential art! The last time we used the blank comic pages, we focused on character & story development. This time I had different parameters: The story/character was totally their choice, but they had to include at least one closeup, one wide shot, and one irregular angle.


I even prepared an oversized version of each type of shot to show in my little presentation. I might have put a little too much effort into the presentation, given that yesterday's group consisted of only six kids. (I do love my die-hard fans.)

All in all, I was glad for a smaller group today. We all sat and drew together, talking about our favorite books and stories, which helped out the kids that didn't quite know what their own story should be. We talked about inkers, colorists, and how fast they have to work in real-life situations. 

I saw the light go on in a few eyes when I talked about careers in art and comics. Who knows? Maybe I've just shattered a few parents' hopes of their kids becoming doctors.



No comments:

Post a Comment