Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday Art Club: More fashion!

Thursday Art Club is back in full swing! My average number of kids came crawling back to me when they heard that we would be making fashion design books. After giving them a sufficient guilt trip for ditching me last week, (not really), the fun began.



First, the book designs. Cutting, coloring, pasting...what a mess. But customizing the books gave them a chance to explore their own style, so it was worth the chaos.



Then, after we stapled a few papers in their sketchbooks, I gave them a tracing template to follow just like the last time we did a fashion project. This time I omitted the tracing paper. By making the templates a little darker, they were able to see it through regular paper just fine. I feel like they were more proud to show their work that way.


It was a pretty self sufficient project, and everyone was content to just draw the day away, or do a little reading. Works for me! Another long day made shorter by happily passing the time with these creative kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment