Friday, December 27, 2013

Post-Christmas Design Fun

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas, or at least a relaxing vacation!

What a great feeling it is to give kids Christmas gifts. Even better, to give them a gift that sharpens their design skills (that they'll actually use!)

Today my youngest stepdaughter and I are exploring our inner fashionistas with these kids' clothing design kits from Fashion Angels.



I used to make clothes for myself and the girls all the time, but after a while my sewing table became a "quick clean-up" station, gradually being buried under the clutter of life. And then a few weeks ago, it happened: A Christmas miracle! I suddenly found myself organizing the long-forgotten unsortables, and my old Kenmore became visible again. Creativity was returned to the sewing table!


Of course today was more of a design day. A few of these outfits may make it to the sewing machine once the weather warms up (designing winter clothes is apparently not as fun as summer). But it was nice to get the spark going again for both of us.






No comments:

Post a Comment